Happy April/spring everyone! I hope the spring weather is brightening everyone's spirits as it is mine! I can't wait until it's warm enough to sit on the kitchen balcony and enjoy the sunshine! Reminds me of first year finals! I definitely got a sunburn sitting out there! Remember that one Jess? (Of course you do! How could you forget such a priceless you and me moment? :P) Anyway, nostalgia aside, it is indeed finals time for you amazing U of A Readers so I'll just say good luck! :) My 'finals' aren't until May so I'll just root you on from over here for now! I have to admit, I miss finals season (the actual U of A finals season not the ridiculous equivalent over here)! I love studying in Rutherford/Cameron/HUB lounges (that was a new one last semester) and I love how quickly everything seems to go! Oh well, I'll be quite occupied this month as well.
So as most of you will know, I have only one written exam on May 11th for my Norwegian Society and Culture class. Pretty sweet right? Well yes and no. Unfortunately, two of my classes have 'written at home' essays. They're worth 100% of the grade! That's crazy! Luckily, the grades don't transfer to the U of A, it's a pass/fail situation. I'm pretty sure I can pass... I guess that's why they basically give us all of April to write these essays! I have to admit I'm a little nervous about this style of exam but what ever. As long as I don't fail right? Being an arts student has never been tougher! XD But this means I'll be busy putting these essays together all of April! Karina has three written exams so at least she doesn't have to worry about writing papers (like she would normally have to do back home). The tables are turned!
Besides studying/paper writing, there is a potential trip to Sweden being planned for the second half of the month. Details are still sketchy (I'll keep you updated don't fret) but there are some pretty decently priced flights going to Stockholm. Stockholm's supposed to be one of the most beautiful cities in Scandinavia not to mention it has the world's biggest IKEA! Oh ya, IKEA day! We've also decided that since we only have two months left in Oslo, we're going to make a point of going to two Oslo sites a week. After living here for three months, there is still a lot to do and to explore! Personally I'm looking forward to everything since it's going to be nice weather! :D
Well Reader, that's about it for now. Besides the on-going construction right outside my window, spotlight moon's triumphant return and the beginning of Game of Thrones season two, not much is happening this week. Classes are all cancelled for Easter break which is nice! I love and miss you all! Keep on readin' and enjoy spring time! It's the best season (next to summer of course)! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment