Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Korreksjon: TUSEN TAKK KARINA

Hey Reader! I know I just posted earlier today but that was before I got my early birthday present from the wonderful Miss Karina! I'm still freakin' out over it! It's kind of a long story though so I'll start from the beginning! 


One of the girls on my floor has a bunch of post cards taped to her cupboard in the kitchen. One of the postcards is from Croatia and she was telling me how amazing it is there. I mentioned that I'd like to travel to Croatia as well (based on what I've heard about the place, it sounds wonderful)! Since that was like two months ago, I had kind of forgotten about it to be honest! Recently, I've been hinting to Karina that I would indeed like to go somewhere for my birthday but we hadn't really planned anything out. I was fine with this since flights weren't sounding like very good deals and I do have a lot of school work to get done this month! 


Then a couple days ago, my floor mate Sergio was telling me how it's really cheap to fly to Madrid, Spain right now! I immediately went upstairs to tell Karina the good news and we looked into flights. They weren't actually as good as Sergio had made them out to be but we did discover the end of the month flights to Sweden. As I mentioned in the post earlier today, we had sketchy details mapped out for the trip to Stockholm and I was all excited for that! 


I then got a mysterious post on my FaceBook from Karina saying that there was a surprise for me on my floor somewhere. She had done this before and hid the present in my cupboard so I went to the kitchen to find the 'surprise'. Taped to my cupboard was an envelope with a bunch of crazy instructions (involving connect the dots, which, I found out today, I suck at). Inside were RyanAir tickets to Pula for the 13th of April. I had no idea where Pula was but I ran upstairs and attacked Karina with a big hug! The conversation went a bit like this:


{ Me: I don't even know where Pula is but I'm freakin' SO excited! Thank you!!!" 
  Karina: You didn't even Google it?!
  Me: I was too excited! I ran upstairs immediately! XD
  Karina: I'm not telling you. Just go Google it. }


So I Googled it and found out that Pula is a city in Northern Croatia! It's right on the Adriatic Sea and supposedly lovely this time of year! Karina has had this planned out since January! Geez! Needless to say I'm excited beyond belief! Although we don't get to go on my birthday, we still get to spend four awesome days on the beach and exploring the town! I'm pumped for next week to say the least! What a wonderful friend I have in Karina! Thank you so much Broski! You are the best! Anyways, that's the story for those of you who will see the status on FaceBook! GAH! I need to start learning some Croatian (yes, it has its own language)!!! Bok (goodbye in Croatian) for now Reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment