Hey Reader! First of all, the word for 'updates' in Norsk is 'oppdateringer' and I find that hilarious. Just thought I'd point it out now before I forgot. Second, how's it going? Finals are winding down (aka done for everyone except the U of A) and summer is about to begin for all my university people! I hope the job hunt turned out well! As for this Norsk gal, things are also slowly coming to a close. It's scary to believe that in 40 days Karina and I will be moving out of Kringsjå student village and leaving for the adventure of a life time! It's also incredibly scary to think that this amazing opportunity will be over before I know it! I suppose that's how it is with everything though. Time always flies when you're having fun (or basically doing no school work :P). Anyways, this post is just a quick update to let you all know what's going on with me and a few things to come.
As I mentioned, finals are winding down back home and according to FaceBook, it's been a normal finals season. People stressing out, studying in Rutherford/Cameron/Med Sci (Amber, I'm talking to you), not getting much sleep and of course, procrastination. Well over here on the other side of the pond it's the complete opposite. I have one final (Norwegian Society and Culture) on May 11th and I have two essays due also on May 11th. My plan is to start the essays on Monday and I've already begun 'studying' for my exam. Karina has three written exams to prepare for so she's doing quite a bit more studying than I am. I have to say I'm really not looking forward to writing these papers. I just have to get them over with and I'm basically home free! It's just so different from back home! I've never had a final paper before and I'm kind of nervous!
So that's basically the plan for the rest of April. We were thinking of taking a quick trip to Sweden at the end of the month but now, thanks to our little Croatian detour, we're thinking it'd be smarter to save the money. May should be an interesting month though! Once school's over there's May 17th (Norge's Independence Day) to look forward to. It's pretty much the biggest party of the year and EVERYONE's invited. Supposedly downtown Oslo is just nuts on the 17th of May and there's no way I'll be missing out on that! I just hope the weather starts behaving itself! It's been so cold and crappy lately! I know that Norge's famous for rain but that doesn't mean the temperature can't warm up a bit!!!
I've mentioned the infamous June trip a couple times in previous entries but I haven't gone into any detail. Well Reader, it's officially all planned out and tickets are reserved! I'm pretty much super excited to travel around Europe for a month! The travel plans are as follows: Oslo to Brussels (Belgium) to Luxembourg to Krakow (Poland) to Warsaw (Poland) to Berlin (Germany) to Prague (Czech Republic) to Vienna (Austria) to Munich (Germany) to Rome (Italy) to Barcelona (Spain) to Mallorca (Spain) back to Barcelona then back to Oslo. I don't know which country I'm most excited to visit but I do know that it's going to be an amazing experience! Also, I'm just so happy that we're doing this because in reality, who knows when this chance will come again, if ever. Once we get back to Oslo, Karina's flying back home to Canadia and I get to reunite with my mom and sister who are coming to visit. It's going to be a great month.
Alright Reader, that's about it for now (unless you count that I've gotten into eating oranges lately [I forgot how delicious they are!])! Keep on truckin' U of A kids, school's almost over! As far as my Sib Syb goes, high school is going to be finished before you know it! I'm so proud of you! :) As usual, thanks for reading and keeping track of me everyone! I love and miss you all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment