Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Påskehelgen 'recap'

Hello hello my fine Reader! I hope you all had lovely Easter long weekends and enjoyed your time off! As for us here in Norge, we still have this week and most of next week off school! Classes aren't over until the end of April and finals start up in May. A big shout out to my U of A readers who are done classes on Friday! Woo hoo! Now you just have to get through finals! Good luck everyone!

This weekend I learned, the hard way, that Norge takes Easter very seriously! Not only is EVERYTHING closed on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday, the city also shuts down for 'Maundy Thursday' (which according to Google has something to do with the disciples washing Jesus' feet and is the Thursday before Good Friday) and 'Easter Eve' (which is basically Easter Saturday). That's all well and good for the citizens of this nordic country but for us foreigners who had no idea they were so into Easter, it wasn't the best thing. We did not have ample information to prepare for the long weekend and needless to say we went without food for most of the weekend... Ok I'm exaggerating a bit. But groceries were running low to say the least.

Besides almost dying of starvation (again totally exaggerating), this weekend was my birthday weekend! I'm officially 21 years old (as of yesterday)! How crazy is that?! I definitely don't feel 21! I feel like I should still be 18 but then again, I'm glad I'm not a teen anymore! In fact I'm now legal all around the world! That's pretty cool! But the only bad thing about my birthday being on Easter this year was that basically everything was closed. It was still a great weekend! Some shenanigans that I won't be posting about (:P) and delicious pancakes cooked by the lovely Karina! Either way, it doesn't matter that everything was closed this weekend since Croatia is only three days away! WOO!

What's with the snow?! I hear there were blizzards in ETown and Regina and now here in Oslo! Geez, it's very reminiscent of my 16th birthday when it snowed and I failed my drivers test (stupid fishtailing)! Luckily it rained all day today and the snow was washed away! It was pretty depressing looking out the window at all the snow last night! The rain has also started washing the dust away (finally)! It was getting to point where you'd go outside and not be able to breath if a gust of wind came around! We hadn't had rain yet this year and it was greatly needed!

Well Reader, that's about it for now! These next couple days are going to be spent in eager anticipation for the Croatia trip! I'm very excited to visit the Balkan country and to go to the beach! Hopefully it'll be sunny while we're there (at least one day)! Keep on truckin' with the studying and what not and keep on readin' to see what I'm up to! I miss you all and I appreciated all the birthday wishes on FaceBook! It's nice to know you guys are still thinking of me! Love from Norge! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment