Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Ungar og ikke sulten

Yo Reader! I hope all is well on the home front! By this time midterms should be over so you can all sigh a nice breath of relief but finals are just around the corner! Man time flies fast! As for for me, my 'midterms' (aka the three small assignments that were due) are over as well. I finished up both essay outlines and the short essay for my Norsk class and handed them in. It felt nice to actually be doing school work for the first time this semester! Ya, I know, life's so hard when you're an honorary arts student when studying abroad. 


Besides the slow schoolwork, things have been semi-hectic around here lately! What with course registration, I've been on Beartracks longer than I'd like to admit! I've finally got my classes all sorted out for the upcoming fall and winter semesters and I registered for them yesterday. The nice thing about being seven hours ahead of ETown is that I didn't have to wake up at 7:00am to register! Nope, I signed up for courses at 2:00pm! It was very refreshing not having to hobble out of bed in the dark while trying to access Beartracks in my sleep filled stupor! As for next semester, I'm actually looking forward to most of the courses I've signed up for (except genetics, it can go play card games in hades...). There was one course that couldn't be added online so I had to email the department but they registered me no problem! I'm glad being abroad isn't hurting my chances at getting into higher level 'department approved' courses! 


On another ETown related note, Karina and I have started the tedious search for apartments! We've found a few that look promising but the problem is that people want to start renting as of April 1st and we aren't back until the end of June (at least, Karina's not back until the end of June). We're staying optimistic for the moment! It's only the end of March. If it gets to be May and we haven't found anything concrete, then we can start panicking! I have a feeling it will work out though. Things always have a way of working themselves out! 


So yes, the much anticipated trip to Hungary has finally arrived! Tomorrow morning (at 6:00am, yuck) we depart for the airport and we arrive in Budapest at 11:00am. I'm very excited for this trip! It seems like so long ago since the Ireland trip and I'm itching to trot across the continent! I'm also very interested to hear Hungarian! As many of you know, I'm kind of a language nerd and getting the chance to hear new languages is always exciting for me! Supposedly Hungarian is closely related to Finnish (which in my opinion, is the dorkiest sounding language in the world) so that'll be cool to see. We'll be back in Oslo on Saturday in the morning! Unfortunately this is a short trip since the airline only flies to Budapest on certain days of the week. 


There will be an update when I get back! I can't wait to post the pictures on FaceBook! I'm also very much looking forward to staying in a hotel (not a hostel)! Hungary is so cheap that we can afford a hotel and the trip is still going to cost less than 150$! Not bad in my opinion! I guess it didn't hurt that the flight was about 40$... Yeah, living in Europe is pretty sweet sometimes! Anyways, I gotta get to bed Reader! I have to wake up in about six hours! Lots of love from Norge (and soon to be Hungary)! Keep on readin and I'll talk to you guys on Saturday! Búcsú for now! :)

1 comment: