Szia Reader!!! Yup, that's 'hi' in Hungarian! In less than a week we will be trekking out to Budapest and I'm more than thrilled! So many exciting things coming up on the horizon! Not to mention we had IKEA lunch today! That always puts me in a great mood! (AND the theme to Pirates of the Caribbean just came on my iTunes! KJEMPEFLOTT!) It's scary to think that it's already half way through March! (St. Paddy's day is tomorrow for crying out loud! Oh first year chem lab... Remember that one Jess? :P) Time sure does fly when you're having fun/being an arts student! Haha just kidding arts students... Or am I?
Well first of all, for those who have actually been reading my blog, you'll have noticed that I changed the format of my site a little bit! I hope it's better than the last time I changed it! I finally found a way to fade the background picture so that the words were clearer! I think it looks pretty darn chutie but hey, that's just me! It's the original picture I wanted to use to begin with so I'm just happy that I finally got it working!
There was an 'almost' incident this week with my courses! According to StudentWeb (Oslo's version of BearTracks), I was never registered for my Religious Studies course. This is of course false since I'd been attending every course, the prof had me on the class list and it said that I was registered on my account. This was a big problem since 1) the U of A requires international students to have the equivalent of three courses per semester and 2) I had an assignment due on Thursday and if I wasn't registered for the course, I wouldn't be able to hand it in! So after a night of practically no sleep (I was too busy freaking out and wondering if the U of A would pull me out of UiO), I went to the faculty to get it all sorted out! Luckily, they were able to manually add me to the class and told me that technically I was never registered. I'm still confused about all this especially since the prof had me on the course list but what ever. All that matters is that I was able to hand in my assignment on time. My Japanese pop culture class' essay outline is due Monday (I finished it yesterday) as well as my Norwegian Culture and Society essay (which I will start tonight).
The title of this entry is in reference to this coming June. For about a year now, my family has been planning on coming to visit me while I'm in Norway. This was the plan. Unfortunately there were some kinks in said plan and for the three months that I've been here, we've been trying to sort it out! Well there is finally a plan and I'm quite relieved/excited to have things figured out! Since the main point of my family coming was to celebrate my sister's graduation from high school, they'll be coming at the end of June, after her grad, for a couple weeks. This works great for Karina and I because school ends mid-May so that means we have all of June to travel! I have to give mad props to Karina because she is a travel planning genius. I told her the idea of travelling across Europe for a few weeks in June on Monday night and by Tuesday morning she came to my room with the entire trip planned out! She's amazing! Geez! I don't want to go into details yet since we haven't booked anything but it's going to be great, that's for sure!
In the mean time, St. Patrick's day is indeed tomorrow and there will be much partying! We even bought green food coloring to liven up our food and beverages! This will never out do the amazing St. Paddy's celebrations at my favorite Australian bar (I miss you fake accent girl!) but hey, you gotta work with what you got! I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and I hope you all stay safe tomorrow night! DON'T DRIVE DRUNK and etc. I love and miss you all! Búcsú for now! (Goodbye in Hungarian! :P)
No comments:
Post a Comment