Hey Reader! I hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day and I hope everyone was safe! It's not every year we get this 'holiday' on the weekend (although I feel like plans would be the same regardless of the date)! I'll give a shout out to my sister who looked like the cutest little dork ever in the hat she wore to work! :P I guess what I'm saying is that I hope everyone had fun! Again, I know it wasn't nearly as fun without me there, but don't fret friends, there are many good times to come!
For the sake of future employers, I will never post anything that may be considered 'unseemly' on this blog, but let's just say it was a pretty awesome St. Paddy's Day! We started everything off with the greenest meal I've ever eaten. I don't mean green in the 'good for the environment' sense, I mean green like the color green. Remember the green food coloring I mentioned the other day? Well we put it to good use! Everything that could retain the dye was doused in green and it turned out to be pretty cool. We made zucchini boats and had broccoli with dyed dip, garlic bread with dyed butter, lemon Fanta dyed green and Guinness (because we just had to). I will admit that the butter dyed green was probably the grossest looking thing I've ever seen but it sure did taste good! The only sad thing about this meal is that it included delicious ground beef in the zucchini boats and since we splurged for meat, Meat Monday is cancelled this week. Oh well, I guess it was Meat Saturday... Doesn't sound as good. How about Kjøt Lørdag? ... Nah.
I think the best part of the night (at least the best part that I'll mention in this entry) was doing the dishes. (I can hear Jess right now. "Tell that to dish mountain.") But yes, doing the dishes was certainly an event. For you see dear Reader, we made dinner in Karina's kitchen and unfortunately the sink on her floor has been clogged for the past couple days. Since it's Norge and nothing gets done after 3pm or on weekends at all, this problem will probably last until at least Monday evening. But we had to do dishes. So, with a bucket in hand, we literally had to scoop the water out of the sink and chuck it over the balcony. It was hilarious and yet revolting at the same time... Either way, the night was a complete success and there was even some shufflin' involved! :P
I woke up this morning feeling, surprisingly, quite well! I think my body knew that I had something important to get done today; that being the paper that's due tomorrow for my Norwegian Society and Culture class. I'm pretty proud of myself since I got it done in about two hours then had the rest of the day to relax. Yes, it only had to be three pages but still! It's the most school work I've had to do since I got here (heeeeey arts student)!
In TV news, I would like to thank Bish for introducing me to Game of Thrones! Definitely not what I was expecting but oh my goodness is it ever addicting! I finished season one in two days (surprised?) and I'm anxiously awaiting season two's debut at the start of April! Well, that's about it for now! Hungary in four days! Yay!!! Have a great Sunday Reader! Lots of love from Norge! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment