Hey Reader! I hope all is well on the home front! As for this norsk gal, things are going well! It's been a pretty slow week and I felt pretty bad for not updating. It was all just the normal routine! I have to admit that I was kind of sad about leaving Ireland and getting back to the swing of things here in Norge, what with a couple assignments being due this month (actual school work?! WTF!). But Karina and I have planned a small trip to Hungary on the 22 of March so that's something exciting! Besides that, I have a few events to mention but nothing major! Sorry Reader, I know you expect me to post more frequently but I just don't feel like a daily update of my life would be that interesting! :P
The first event is more like a shout out to Jess whose letter I received yesterday. It made my life! She enclosed three Metro Crosswords (my guilty pleasure back home) and a hilarious article about Survivor. Let's just say that the article insulted Nickelback and that's good enough for me! Thanks so much Jess! You're awesome!
The next event is the invention of 'Meat Monday' (or kjøt mandag på norsk). This was established yesterday by Karina and I in the attempt to eat more regular healthy meals. So we conjured the idea of having one awesome sit down meal a week (on Monday) that will include actual meat! Yesterday we made chicken fajitas ('Yeah, I'd like 6000 chicken fajitas please.') and oh man were they DELICIOUS! I'm drooling just talking about them! We decided to make this a tradition starting now. I haven't quite decided what next week's meal will be (since Karina came up with the fajita idea) but I'm sure I'll think of something before then.
As I'm sure most of you know, skiing is to Norway what hockey is to Canada. Needless to say, people here are CRAZY for skiing and it shouldn't surprise you that the Nordic Skiing Championships are being held in Oslo this year. I would really like to go to one of the events! Preferably the ski jump just to be able to see this outrageous sport. There are many university groups going this weekend and if the prices for tickets aren't ridiculous, I'll probably end up going! I have to cheer my country on! If I didn't go, it would be the equivalent of having Stanley Cup Final tickets with the Canucks somehow triumphantly returning, but choosing not to go. Yeah, a crime against the nation.
Either way, I think that's about all I have to say for now! I miss you all and I'm always thinking of you! Keep in touch and keep reading! And of course, good luck rollin' those rims! I'm sure you'll win eventually Dad! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment