Hello hello my dearest of dear Reader! I am in a pretty good mood at the moment! I just finished making my class schedule for the fall of 2012 and the winter of 2013! I have some awesome courses to look forward to, as well as my year long research opportunity! For some reason, making the schedule on Bear Tracks always puts me in a good mood! Not to mention that my little sister has been accepted into university! I'm so proud of her! An all around good day, if I do say so myself! :)
Yesterday evening was an event for the books! My first ever opera! I felt so sophisticated (thus the 'high society times' in the title of this entry). Karina, who is an opera lover and an expert on operas in general, has been insisting that some of us go for awhile now and since we were unable to book a trip or anything this week, we decided to get tickets. The great thing about the National Opera and Ballet in Oslo is that they have a 50% ticket discount for students so my ticket only ended up costing 100 kroner (about 20$)! That's not too shabby considering the opera in E-Town costs about 45 dollars for a regular ticket!
Now comes the part of this entry where I get to brag about getting all dressed up! I do feel pretty proud since not only did I manage to do my hair in a cool up-do, I also curled Karina's hair. That's a pretty big deal for me! I'm not exactly a 'talent' when it comes to hair, but hey, I guess I'm learning! There are pictures of us on FaceBook as usual! Check them out! Besides, it wasn't just our hair that looked good! I think high society was impressed with our general attire!
The opera was 'Tristan and Isolde' and I was very excited to see it since I've seen the movie. Unfortunately, I have to say that the movie was a lot better than the opera. It was three and a half hours long! Karina, in her expert opera-ness, said that operas aren't generally that long. Also, it was split into two acts, each with only one scene. Not a lot of stage movement for three and a half hours! But the singing was amazing and the music was beautiful! It was definitely a worth while experience! And with tickets so cheap, I think I'd be willing to try another!
Well Reader, that's about all I can think of for now! Tomorrow and Sunday will be spent preparing my assignments that are due for my courses. I have two essays outlines to do and one short three page (maximum) essay for my Norwegian Life and Society course. Hopefully it won't take very long but then again, these are the only assignments I have to do all semester. Ya, life's pretty tough over here! I love and miss you all! Keep on thinking of me, I'll be sad if you don't! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment