Reader, this week has really been a write off! I've been far too excited about our trip to Ireland (which is TOMORROW)! It's really true how time slows down when you're looking forward to something! But the time has almost arrived! Tomorrow evening Karina and I will be flying off to Dublin until Tuesday! Luckily, I have a couple last minute things I need to get done tomorrow during the day otherwise I don't know what I'd do to pass the time!
Two of my three classes were cancelled this week. Seriously. How is that even possible?! Back home when I have to go to at least three classes A DAY, they never get cancelled! Oh well, I'm not really complaining! I had plenty of time so I decided to make a video (which is now on FaceBook). It's basically one of those 'Sh*t People Say* videos but about me! I like to think it's pretty darn funny but hey that's just my opinion! Check it out for yourselves if you want! Besides making a short video, I found myself a spring jacket since spring is just around the corner and I only have a 'winter' jacket over here! It's really nice! Mom called it 'French-style' but I call it my 'Gone With the Wind' jacket! I got it in beige but I'm having second thoughts on the color. I may go back and get a nice royal/navy blue instead. We'll see!
I would just like to give a quick shout out to Norge! I know I've been giving it a lot of grief lately but it really is one of the greatest countries in the world (again my opinion). This week is called 'winter holiday' and basically a bunch of people got it off work! Obviously not everyone could have the entire week off but still! This is the country where 5 weeks of vacation time is mandatory in employment and they still manage to give a whole week off? It goes to show what an oil rich European nation can really afford to do! Another Norge related note, for the first time since I've been here, they had BUTTER at the grocery store! As most of you probably know, Norge was going through a butter shortage but I guess the worst has passed. There is now officially butter available! I'm sure the whole country is celebrating since they eat it with just about everything (as my mother has shown my through out the years)! Maybe that's why they got a 'winter holiday', they were celebrating the triumphant return of butter!
Alright Reader, well since I'm going to be gone until Tuesday, please don't worry when I don't update! I promise there will be a complete recap of my trip on Wednesday and there will be pictures a plenty on FaceBook! As per usual, I'm grateful to everyone keeping track of me! It really means a lot to know that I have people thinking of me, just as I'm thinking of all of you! I miss and love you guys! Wish me well on this first 'out of Norway' trip! (Maybe I'll find a pot of gold!)
I'm still jealous. But have fun!!!
ReplyDelete