Friday, 3 February 2012

Passet mitt er endelig her!

Hei hei Reader! I hope all is well back in the land of syrup and snow! As for us here in Norge, things are well! The weather man calls for a 'very cold day' today but come on, -20 isn't exactly what I consider cold. Send me a memo when it's -45 with the windchill, then maybe I'll consider wearing mittens (yes warmish mittens, what other kind is there?). There hasn't been a whole lot of excitement this week but I figured you were probably missing me and the least I can do is give you a quick update.


My class schedule got a bit changed around this week. I'm not sure if I mentioned my first Gender Equality class being last week but it was awful. Needless to say I dropped it immediately afterwards. I needed to find a replacement class and the pickings were slim. I finally managed to settle on International Religion. I've always wanted to take a religion class so this could be interesting. Besides switching classes this week, my first Japanese Popular Culture class was Wednesday! I loved it! We had an hour lecture then watched a movie. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. Not to mention the fact that the classroom is basically an old movie theatre. It's in a building called 'Ullevål Kino' which literally means 'Ullevål Movie Theatre'. Ya, there's a huge screen, comfy chairs (with tables to write on) and it's stadium seating. I couldn't ask for anything else in a class where watching movies is mandatory.


The other semi-exciting thing that happened this week was that I got my Norsk passport (the real one this time). Yes I am very happy to have my passport considering I don't have a Canadian visa to study here and without proof that I'm a Norsk citizen, I could've been in trouble if something were to have happened. Luckily, nothing happened and I'm now safe and sound. The only thing left to do is write that 'I Love Norge' letter before I turn 22 (does that sound really dorky to anyone besides me?).


Well Reader, that's about all the news I have for you! Happy February by the way! Don't forget that the Oscars are February 26th this year! I, as always, am quite excited! I've already got my picks for the wins. I also love how Québec has entered another film this year (from the same producers who lost the Oscar last year). They are definitely out for gold. I almost feel sorry for them (almost). But we'll have to wait and see! Lots of love from Norge! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment