Friday, 17 February 2012

Bane av min eksistens

Oh my goodness I had no idea how long it's been! I'm so sorry Reader! But really, what good is a pathetic apology when I've neglected my Reader for over a week! If it makes you guys feel any better, there really hasn't been that much going on lately! But due to popular demand (more like semi popular demand) I'm back and writing! So prepare yourselves to be wowed with what I've been doing for the past few days...


I guess I should have written about Melodi Grand Prix sooner because that was actually a lot of fun! A bunch of us from the student village went to the Oslo Spectrum last Saturday to watch the finals of MGP! It was so cool! Karina and I made an awesome sign that said 'Canada loves Tommy' on one side and a heart filled with maple leaves on the backside (pictures on FaceBook as per the usual). Unfortunately, Tommy didn't win, he didn't even make the final four but we still cheered him on! The winner turned out to be a guy named Tooji with his song 'Stay'! It's really grown on me! I also discovered that Norge is slowly but surely being introduced to the amazing world of country music! This was demonstrated by Norge voting Bobby Bare and Petter Øien number three in the country with there country song 'Things Change'! Such a good song! Either way, it was an awesome night! Norge really gets into this competition! It's a matter of national pride to pay attention to MGP and Eurovision! 


I named this entry 'Bane of my existence' (and I apologize if the translation isn't accurate) and if you've been reading my other posts, you'll know what I mean when I say 'it's Norway'. Yes unfortunately this lovely mountainous nation has struck again. This time it really isn't Norge's fault, more like student housing sucking as usual. Karina had warned me about the evil washing machines but I took her warning lightly. I deeply regret this. I finally caved in and decided to do a big laundry haul today (yes clothes mountain is back and better than ever). Of course the day I decide to haul basically all my clothes to the washing machines is the one of many days they don't feel like working. The first time I tried it said I had insufficient funds to do my washing. So I went home, checked my balance and sure enough I still had 200 kroner (MORE than enough to do laundry). I then booked the machines for later on in the day and went again. This time it said the washing machine was booked by someone until 8:00am the next day (which is IMPOSSIBLE by the way). Frustrated but still determined, I tried another machine and it also said I had insufficient funds. Needless to say I'm angry out of my mind right now. Luckily, I've had success in washing my sheets a few times before but I'm down to my last pair of socks (as for underwear, I've still got weeks to go :P). 

Well that's about all that's worth mentioning from last week. Tomorrow afternoon Karina and I are going to check out the World Snowboarding Championship (which is being held in Oslo this year)! That should be pretty sweet! And as most of you hopefully know by now, Ireland is less than a week away! I'm getting very excited for my first 'out of country' trip! Today I went and bought a backpack (backpacking across Europe REQUIRES a backpack, besides, it was on sale!), small shampoo and conditioner, small toothpaste and the CUTEST little contact lens case (see picture below). We're flying on Ryan Air (a very cheap inter-European airline) and since their flights are so cheap, they like to charge you for every little thing (like checking a bag) so that's why I'm only going to take a backpack and carry it on. Saving money = more trips! :D 


I hope everything is going well back home! To all my university friends, good luck on midterms and have a great Reading Week! Take it easy and relax! To Reggie (if he is actually reading this which I don't think he is), I hope you enjoyed Jeff Probst as much as I did on Wednesday! Oh season 24 of Survivor, you're going to be just as amazing as all the others before you! Anyways, as usual, thanks for reading guys! I love and miss you all! :)
It's a pig contact lens case! CUTEST THING EVAR! (It makes me think of Gir from Invader Zim and his best friend the pig! :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment