Thursday, 9 February 2012

Jeg gleder meg til å...

Hey Reader! I'm sorry I haven't posted in almost a week but it's not because I forgot or was too lazy! I've just had nothing exciting to talk about! And by nothing exciting, I mean nothing that I can express in words because I'm still trying to register the fact that I'm actually over here! Anywho, I figured a quick little update was in order so here you go. :)


Now let's think... What's new with me? Well last night Karina splurged and bought chicken to add to our curry. It was the first time I've had chicken since I got here. No, I haven't turned vegetarian. Chicken (as well as everything else in Norge) is SO expensive! Needless to say, the chicken was a welcomed surprise! Speaking of surprises, you'll be surprised to hear that I watched a full length film from 1921 yesterday. No, it was not by choice, it was in my Japanese Pop Culture class. I'll admit that it was an alright movie but I got bored near the end. Speaking of speaking of surprises (lol I'm so funny), Karina left me an awesome surprise that I found when I got home from class yesterday. She made me a crossword filled with insiders and it definitely made my day! :)


The title of this entry means 'I'm looking forward to' and so I feel like that requires explanation. There are a few things happening this month that I'm looking forward to. First of all, on Saturday (the 11th), some friends and I are going to the finale of Melodi Grand Prix (MGP) filmed live at Oslo Spectrum. MGP (in a nutshell) is kind of like American Idol and the winner of Norge's MGP goes to the finals against all the winners from Europe! It should be pretty fun! My two favorites to win Norge's MGP are Tommy Fredvang with his song 'Make it Better' and Plumbo with their song 'Ola Nordmann'! Give them a listen, they're pretty darn catchy. 


The other major thing that I'm looking forward to is our trip to Ireland that we've got planned. We're heading to Dublin on February 24th and we'll be seeing Mr. Tyler Ward in concert while we're there! Ya, I'm pretty damn excited! Although I was sad to learn that Ireland is not a part of the UK (Karina, why must you crush all my dreams?! First Prussia, then Poland and now this?!). Oh well, the UK is too confusing what with its millions of different flags (which me and Jess are now experts on by the way). 


As of yesterday, I've officially been here for a month and I can hardly believe it! It's so scary that time can slip by this quickly! Geez! I guess that means it's one less month that you have to go without me my dear Reader! As always, I miss you guys and thanks for reading! Have a good one and don't forget the Oscars are February 26th! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment