Monday, 16 January 2012

Kunststudent (Science Card Revoked?)

Hola Reader! Hope life is treating you all well! As for me, things are still going well! It's nice to have Karina back from her weekend journey to Denmark (even though I've met many awesome/interesting people, I wouldn't consider them super close friends yet)! This weekend flew by and today was the first day of classes. Life sure is tough as an arts student, let me tell you. One lecture this whole week. I don't know how I'll get by! XD 

So as I mentioned, my science classes didn't really work out for this semester. In other words I'm taking arts classes and hey, I'm fine with that. If it means I get more time to travel and explore Europe as well as enjoy the culture of Norge, I'm totally cool. It's my advisor who I'm worried about... But anyways, you're probably wondering what classes I'm taking. Well Reader, brace yourself. My first course started today called 'Norwegian Life and Society' and it was basically the brief history of Norge. Interesting but definitely not what I'm used to! There wasn't a power point presentation so I basically listened to a guy talk for an hour and a half all the while scribbling down notes as fast as I could. Karina says you should never challenge an arts student to an arm wrestling match, I now see why. Next week my second course starts up (yeah, classes don't all start on the same days here...), it's called 'Gender Equality in Nordic Countries'. Alrighty then. I think it will be interesting and I've always wanted to take a women's studies class but we'll have to wait and see. My third class doesn't start until the first week of February and it's called 'Japanese Pop Culture'. Yeah, I'm pretty pumped for that one! We actually get to watch anime in class at one point! Oh geez, science card revoked?

Today we went for a walk around the lake which is only a couple minute's walk from the student village. It was so nice! There was 'frost fog' even though it was super sunny. It's about a 3km walk and once it gets a bit nicer out you can bet that I'll be spending lots of time over there! It's definitely picture worthy. But since I have the rest of the week off school (again, life's tough right?) I plan on doing some serious Oslo exploring! Karina always seems to have ideas so I'm just kind of rolling with it (Easton Corbin style). We may go see an opera on Friday! Super artsy and super fun! 

A special shout out goes to my people in ETown who are finally getting the winter which they've so far missed out on. Needless to say I'm happy to have left when I did. Today's high was -26 (without the windchill)... Not pleasant! Stay bundled up and keep missing me! Perhaps that'll warm your hearts and indirectly your bodies! :) Also you may have noticed a few background changes to my blog. I've been getting comments about the readability of the blog and have been changing it, trying to make it more legible. I had such a CUTE background for this blog all picked out but it really just wasn't working. Oh well, I'll figure something out! Anywho, love you guys! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment