Thursday, 19 January 2012

Hoppski? Nei, takk.

Hey Reader! How is everything back home? I hope you guys are missing me as much as I'm missing you! I feel like I haven't posted in awhile so here's a quick update on what's been going on this week! As you know (if you've been reading the blog...) I only had one lecture this week (life's tough as an arts student). So that left lots of time to do some good old sight seeing around Oslo! Thank goodness Karina knows where she's going because I would've gotten lost several times!

A couple days ago we went to the Oslo ski jump tower. It was freaking awesome! I posted some pictures on FaceBook but really you had to be there just to grasp how absolutely tall this thing was! I can not believe people actually ski down this thing! I couldn't imagine! Supposedly they fly off the jump at speeds around 130km/h! Yikes! It was a pretty cool sight and we also got our exercise in for the day since climbing the hill to get there was super intense. It felt like being back at Bamfield all over again! Not to mention the Ski Museum. Yeah that's right, a ski museum. Were you expecting anything less of Norge?

It snowed all day yesterday which meant a comfy day at home. It was really coming down hard but at the same time it was probably one of the most beautiful sights I've seen in my life. I went out and got some cool pictures of the snow which I will be posting on FaceBook shortly.

Today was spent wandering the streets of Oslo as well as going to the Oslo statue park. These statues were a bit disturbing, I'm not going to lie. They were all naked and the people were doing some, let's say, interesting poses. There was a really creepy crying baby... It gave me nightmares. I also saw Beefy the seagull, European Edition. He was pretty badass. 

Karina and I are both pretty pumped to see Reginald tomorrow evening! After a week of rocket launching on some island in northern Norge, he's heading to Oslo for the night and we plan to kick it old school, just the three of us. I'm really looking forward to it! We're picking him up at the train station and then who knows what kind of shenanigans we'll get into! As for you Reader, thanks for the continuing support and thanks for reading! I love and appreciate you all! (Shout out to Sib Syb who just finished finals! Way to go G, only one more semester of high school left!)

No comments:

Post a Comment