Hei Reader! Hope you guys are all doing well! I know I haven't been gone very long but it feels like an eternity already! (Especially Reg and Jess since I'm used to seeing you two once a day!) Anyways, things are going pretty well over here! I think I'm growing used to typical Norsk everyday activities. The one thing that still gets me is the lack of sun! It sets at like 3:30pm! That's a lot of darkness! But the strange thing is that the moon seems brighter over here! Seriously, the moon woke me up the other night (before I had my adorable heart curtains [see FaceBook for picture])! It was shining like nobody's business! I figure since the sun barely has a chance to shine, the moon has to pick up the slack. That's my scientific theory and I'm sticking to it.
As far as school I got a lot accomplished today. With classes here starting the 16th, I feel a bit behind the times since all my friends from home have already started the semester. So today I went to the university to get a few things done. I finally got my transit card (UPass) and my student card (OneCard) as well as registered for the three courses I'm taking while I'm here. Let's just say the Faculty of Arts has a semi new member (I can hear you guys laughing at me as I type)... All the science courses I wanted to take are either no longer available, not offered in English (even though they originally said that they were) or are closed to international students. So what am I taking now? It's still up in the air but one class is called 'Norwegian Life and Society'. Definitely not what you'd call a science option. I have a feeling my academic advisor isn't going to be thrilled about this semester! :P Oh well, as I already told my dad, this is about the experience and getting my citizenship! Maybe a fun semester being an arts student is exactly what I need to get even more psyched for science!
So the title of this entry means 'the train station'. I put it as the title of this post because 1) it's one of Reg's and my favorite Norsk words (Come on, just look at it! Long enough?), 2) we take the train EVERYWHERE in this city and 3) every time I take the train it reminds me of the LRT back home and I do the station stop names in the recorded voice (if you're from ETown you know what I'm talking about), next stop Health Sciences Jubilee! I can't wait to Skype with everyone and see how the start of the semester has gone! Any good profs? First year stories? Who won Antifreeze?! (GO SAFEWALK!) Please keep in touch guys! I miss you all! :)
First years are still idiots. 'Nuff said. And antifreeze is still going on, says facebook. Unless it finished today..
ReplyDeleteBy the way, you should give me your address should I feel the need to write you :p
Also let me know whenever you want to chat! Best days are probs Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays..