Friday, 11 May 2012

Examene er ferdig!

Heyo Reader! How's it going? I hope May is bringing about nicer weather back home than it has over here! So far May has been cold and rainy although the rain is to be expected here in Oslo. Oh my goodness where has the time gone? I can't believe I'm sitting here right now with only 20 days left in Oslo! That means only 20 days until the big June trip! I'm definitely getting quite excited and preparations are getting under way! We're figuring out what to do and see in each city and trying to make the most of what little time we have in the many countries! But at the same time, I'm still trying to enjoy what's left of my amazing time living here in Norge!


Today was my Norwegian Life and Society final exam and it was worth 100% of the mark! Talk about ridiculous! The exam itself was pretty alright! I felt prepared enough but there were a couple questions that stumped me. (Just a little tid bit on Norge for you guys: the elementary schools here in Norge and some middle schools do not give grades to the kids. That's right. They just sail through grades 1-8 with no marks. That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. But hey, Norge has it's ways. Anyways!) Oh well, it's not like this mark is going to be transferred to the U of A. What happens with study abroad is you either pass or fail and I'm definitely going to pass! The gym where we wrote the exam was reminiscent of the gym back home at the U of A but the desks were SO amazing! They weren't those crappy wobbly ones that fall down if you touch them in the wrong place! :P As far as my papers go, they're done! I just have to add a few more sources to my Japanese Pop Culture paper. I feel so artsy and so accomplished at the same time! I mean in all honesty, this has been the most school work I've done all semester! I feel bad for Karina since she still has an exam on Monday but after that we're all clear! To make her feel better, we went out for kjøtboller after the exam. They always make everything better! :D


As far as the trip is concerned, everything is worked out in terms of flights but there are a couple bus and train trips we still have to book. We're also still trying to find a decent hostel in Rome. You'd think in a city like Rome where millions of tourists go each year, they'd have a wider selection of hostels. Go figure. Something neat we found out is that one of the hostels in Poland where we'll be staying was ranked in the top ten hostels across Europe! Pretty sweet if you ask me! GAH! I can't wait! I also can't wait to see my mom and sister who are coming to visit Norge with me once I get back from the June trip! It's going to be a great start to the summer!


Well that's about it for now Reader! I hope you're all taking advantage of Dollar Drink Days back home (since they do not have it here)! I will definitely be indulging as soon as I get back to Canadia! I love and miss you all and I hope your jobs/travels/volunteer/bowling (Jess) are going well!!! Thanks for keeping track of me and thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment